- Topic: Social Justice and Democracy
- Facilitator: Prof. Thuli Madonsela, Social Justice Chair and M-Plan Convenor, SU
- Speaker: Mark Heywood, Editor of Maverick Citizen, Daily Maverick
- Panelists: Neo Mokone, Bradley Slade, Allan Zim
- Date: 25 November 2020, 13:00-14:30
- Venue: The virtual dialogue will be conducted via Microsoft Teams
"Democracy is the rule of law, it is representation, freedom of speech, media freedom, fight against discrimination, respect for privacy and human dignity. But above all democracy is a process, in constant evolution, and which is for all of us to advance, constantly." 26 Years into a democratic South Africa, the questions are: Whether we still have a democracy? What defines a democracy in South Africa? What kind of democracy is envisaged in our constitution? What is the capacity of a democratic dispensation for achieving social justice?