- Theme: Customary Law, Culture and Social Justice: Has Transformative Constitutionalism Advanced Equality and Other Human Rights In Customary Law?
- Date: 25 August 2021, 09:00-17:00 SAST (UTC+2)
- Venue: Online via Zoom; register at https://bit.ly/3z21hMq
- Keynote speaker: Minister Ronald Lamola, Minister for Justice and Correctional Services
- Hosted by: Prof Thuli Madonsela, Law Trust Chair in Social Justice
- Programme director: Cathy Mohlahlana, News Anchor
- Other speakers: Deputy Minister Patekile Holomisa, Judge Mumbi Ngugi, Ms Charlene May, Adv Joyce Maluleke & Judge TN Nditha
The purpose of the conference is to provide a platform for engaging in developments in social justice and customary law. The conference aims to assess the impact of transformative constitutionalism on advancing social justice, including gender justice, in the implementation of customary law, while mainstreaming the Chair’s quest for systematising social justice-conscious law and policy making in customary law.
Watch the recordings
Plenary I and II:
Plenary III and IV: