Post-doctoral fellowship: 1 July 2020 – 30 June 2021
The Faculty of Law has a post-doctoral fellowship available. These fellowships are awarded for a year. The fellowship will resort under the Law Trust Chair in Social Justice. The primary responsibility of the successful applicant will be to participate in the Law Trust Chair in Social Justice research programme, publish in accredited academic journals and attend academic conferences. The fellow will not be expected to undertake any teaching responsibilities in the Law Faculty, but may be exposed to limited post-graduate supervision and research administration tasks.
- A doctoral degree (LLD) conferred within the last 5 years.
- A demonstrable prior interest in social justice work reflected in previous research or publications.
- The successful candidate may not hold any other full-time or part-time job at the same time and may not undertake any other work for remuneration.
- Good computer skills (MSWord, Internet research skills).
- Fluent (reading, writing and speaking) English; second and third languages are an advantage.
- The successful candidate must be able to work full-time in Stellenbosch for the duration of the fellowship.
- Persons from under-represented groups (race, gender, culture or otherwise) are particularly encouraged to apply.
The post-doctoral fellowship package includes:
- A fellowship of R200 000 for a year
- A working space
Please note that postdoctoral fellows are not appointed as employees and are therefore not eligible for employee benefits. Postdoctoral fellowships are also awarded tax free.
Send an application letter and supporting materials (including a proposed research plan) to Ms Diane Gahiza, Faculty of Law, Stellenbosch University, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 June 2020.