- Topic: Social Justice and Unconscious Bias: Gender
- Facilitator: Prof Thuli Madonsela, Social Justice Chair and M-Plan Convenor, SU
- Speaker: Katlego Letlonkane, Programme Manager: Diversity Capacity Development in HR, SU
- Panelists: Luke Waltham, Grace Mngadi, Lewis Mboko, Dr Azille Coetzee
- Date: 19 August 2020, 13:00-14:30
- Venue: The virtual dialogue will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
Unconscious biases are social stereotypes about certain groups of people that individuals form outside of their own conscious awareness. We often relate on the basis of unarticulated premises and these essentially hierarchize and stigmatise difference on the basis of race, gender, class, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc.