- Topic: Social Justice and Unconscious Bias
- Facilitator: Prof Thuli Madonsela, Social Justice Chair and M-Plan Convenor, SU
- Speaker: Nene Molefi, CEO of Mandate Molefi HR Consultants
- Panelists: Fanelesibonge Ndebele, Thembalethu Seyisi, Daniele-B von Ziegler Smith, Zulaikha Patel
- Date: 5 August 2020, 13:00-14:30
- Venue: The virtual dialogue will be conducted via Microsoft Teams
Unconscious biases are social stereotypes about certain groups of people that individuals form outside of their own conscious awareness. We often relate on the basis of unarticulated premises and these essentially hierarchize and stigmatise difference on the basis of race, gender, class, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc.